Pearson International is the world leader in education publishing and related services outside North America. Our portfolio includes innovative textbooks, digital learning solutions, online testing and assessment, professional development and a suite of integrated services.
Our education business combines 150 years of experience in publishing with the latest learning technology and online support. We provide education and assessment services in more than 70 countries, and our courses and resources are available in print, online and through multi-lingual packages.
We aim to help people flourish in their lives through learning and are addressing the trends around the world that are helping or challenging that goal.
- We’re taking an active role in teaching to bring about improvements in learning. In Brazil we’re leading primary and secondary education with our ‘Sistemas’ or learning systems, which include COC, Dom Bosco, NAME and Pueri Domus. 95% of public schools using a Pearson NAME Sistema perform above the national average and, overall, outperform other learning institutions by 25%.
- We’re testing and measuring student progress so that students, teachers and governments can be confident that learning is effective and delivering what we expect of it. As the UK’s largest awarding body, Edexcel provides academic, vocational and workplace qualifications and assessment both in the UK and internationally. Our GCEs, GCSEs and Diplomas are undertaken in 94 countries. In the 2010/11 academic year, we marked over 5.7 million scripts across the world, 90% of which were marked onscreen using our groundbreaking ePen technology.
- We’re teaching the English language to support learners globally in speaking this widespread language for communications and commerce. Our Wall Street English group of 450 language schools in 27 countries has provided English language instruction to over two million people worldwide since it started in 1972. In China alone, we now own and run 51 Wall Street English language schools with plans for a further 50 English language centres in the coming years.
- And we’re leading the way with technology that improves learning by integrating it into everything that we do. Our leading My Lab and Mastering online learning products create customised courses that change as a student progresses, enabling them to learn more quickly and efficiently. Online resources let teachers track student progress, assess their understanding and identify areas for further study.
Our experience covers the full range of educational services, all underpinned by sophisticated digital technology, including:
- Assessment, testing and measurement services
- Distance learning
- Educational technology and e-learning
- English language teaching
- Reform and curriculum development
- Professional teacher development and educational leadership training
- Teaching and learning resources and materials
- Vocational qualifications.
Every day all over the world our products and services help learning flourish, and wherever learning flourishes, so do people.
Our global directory contains contact details for you to get in touch with offices around the world.
Pearson International brochure
Download our brochure for more information about Pearson International, the trends we see in education and our responses to them.
Pearson International video
Watch our video to learn more about what we do.