Take a look inside
Bug Club Plays
Bug Club Plays readers
The plays feature a huge range of topics and are written by Julia Donaldson, much-loved author of The Gruffalo and Australian authors. Plays are broadly levelled and suitable for reading levels 6 to 30.
Detailed notes for teachers and families or fun facts about the topic.
Highly engaging narratives often humorous, featuring a variety of engaging characters
* Colour-coding to help students identify characters and connect with the script
* Text features of plays are evident, such as stage directions
* Contemporary designs and vast range of illustration styles in full colour
Bug Club Plays to Read on ActiveLearn Primary
Each Bug Club Plays to Read title is available as an eBook on ActiveLearn Primary
* Audio can be selected to support readers. Higher levels feature sound effects.
* Students can select ‘Who do you want to be’ to choose to be a character and the audio for that character does not play
* Quizzes accessible by clicking the bug icon check understanding
*Students earn rewards the more they read.
Each title has a digital support toolkit
Guided reading notes
* Activity reporting shows which books have been read
* A traffic light system is used to show which quizzes have been correctly answered by students or the class
Students earn rewards to play games for each book read and quizzes correctly answered.