Year Levels F–6
Curriculum ACT, NSW, NT, QLD, SA, TAS, VIC, WA
Resource Formats Print
Pearson Primary Super Savers Sale
Get up to 30% off on Discovering Science resources
Give your school a budget-friendly resource boost with up to 30% off on Discovering Science resources and thousands of other primary school resources including individual titles and packs.
This exciting sale is only on until the end of 2023 or while stocks last, so we recommend getting in quick!Explore the Super Savers Sale
What it is
From the award-winning Discovering series, Discovering Science is written by experienced classroom teachers to support easy implementation of the Australian Curriculum: Science alongside emphasised learner engagement.
It consists of:
- teacher resource books for Lower, Middle, and Upper Primary
- learning sequences with teaching activities, ideas, and links to series components
- engaging and varied levelled text types to support all learners
- detailed topic overviews with curriculum links
- blackline masters and support materials
- hands-on activities and answers
- student topic books and topic picture cards.
What it includes
Find out how Discovering Science makes a difference.
Teacher resource books
The included step-by-step, easy-to-use teacher resource book provides you with the content and confidence to implement the Australian Curriculum: Science F-6 as you engage learners with a variety of resources, practicals, texts and activities. It includes:
- detailed scope and learning sequences for each topic
- detailed Australian Curriculum: Science topic overviews with curriculum links
- hands-on practical activities
- creative ideas for field trips
- engaging picture cards in print and digital formats
- imaginative student topic books
- outlines of expected student learning and outcomes at each level
- blackline masters.
Student topic books
Engage students with fiction and non-fiction readers that cover the key strands of the Australian Curriculum and make Science accessible for all Lower, Middle and Upper Primary learners.
- Fiction Topic Books explore science concepts through fictional stories with likeable characters.
- Non-fiction Topic Books include engaging scientific and historical photographs that give opportunities for classroom discussion.
- Get maximum student engagement with beautifully developed and illustrative comics for middle and upper primary.
- Provide concept development through levelled student resources, linked to the Teachers Resource Books.
Topic picture cards
Use fun visual materials to encourage classroom discussion with the picture cards included with each Teacher Resource Book. They’re also available in digital format for projection in the classroom and interactive whiteboards to ensure maximum flexibility.
Samples & downloads
- Discovering Science: Lower Primary Teacher Resource Book
- Discovering Science: Foundation Student Topic Book Fiction - Little Rex and Big Buddy
- Discovering Science: Year 1 Student Topic Book Nonfiction - Changes Around You
- Discovering Science: Year 2 Student Topic Book Fiction - When Charlie Grows Up
- Discovering Science: Year 2 Student Topic Book Nonfiction - What Are Things Made Of?
- Discovering Science: Year 3 Student Topic Book Fiction - Boys' Night In
- Discovering Science: Year 3 Student Topic Book Nonfiction - Earth and Space
- Discovering Science: Year 4 Student Topic Book Nonfiction - Physical Properties of Materials
- Discovering Science: Year 4 Student Topic Book Comic - Aren't You Sweet
- Discovering Science: Middle Primary Topic Card
- Discovering Science: Upper Primary Teacher Resource Book
- Discovering Science: Year 5 Student Topic Book Fiction - Drip and Drop
- Discovering Science: Year 6 Student Topic Book Fiction - Disaster Dan
- Discovering Science: Year 6 Student Topic Book Nonfiction - Electricity
- Discovering Science: Year 6 Student Topic Book Comic - Monti's Mould Monster