SHENZHEN, China—December 12, 2011—Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through the dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, Huawei has established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. They are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Their products and solutions have been deployed in over 140 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population.
Huawei’s sales revenue in 2010 was US $28 billion.
In response to the growing needs to improve people’s technical skills and competence, Huawei has developed the Huawei Certifications System to assess people’s expertise and develop these essential skills. To better serve corporate, individual and academic markets, Huawei has chosen Pearson VUE as its sole testing provider to deliver its global certification testing program.
Effective December 16, 2011, all Huawei exams will be delivered globally through the Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center network of more than 4,500 sites in 165 countries.
Huawei Certification is a three-level certification in four areas: IP Technology, LTE Technology, Transmission Network Technology and Cloud Computing Technology.
Currently, the following Huawei IP certifications are available:
- Huawei Certified Datacom Associate (HCDA)
- Huawei Certified Datacom Professional (HCDP)
- Huawei Certified Internetwork Expert (HCIE)
The rest of the certifications will be released subsequently starting at the end of 2011.
By obtaining Huawei’s certifications, enterprises and candidates can enjoy the following benefits:
- Individuals can improve their technical skills to increase their employment opportunities.
- The established technical competence standards can be used to
(1) guide the competence development of technical personnel;
(2) improve maintenance capability; and
(3) improve organizational competitiveness and productivity.
- Huawei certification’s can help enterprises build employees' career development channels, improve employee satisfaction, and reduce employee turnover.
- As employee maintenance capabilities improve, troubleshooting becomes more efficient and quick, and the risk of system failure is reduced.
“Moving our exams to Pearson VUE is an important decision for Huawei, desiring to grow our program with the support of the world-leading testing company to expand coverage, utilize cutting-edge technology, enhance security and bring up our service level.”
“Pearson VUE’s advanced technology, more secure and wider testing network and its comprehensive testing solutions impressed us very much. We are confident that Pearson VUE’s professionalism and expertise will serve us well as we expand Huawei’s certification program to meet an increasing marketing demand, ” said Mr. Fu Shiguang, Vice President of GTS, Huawei.