Choose level A2 if you can...
- Understand simple conversations if they are slow and clear
- Write short, basic descriptions of places, people or things
- Talk about everyday subjects (e.g. people, places, work) in a basic way
- Understand short, simple texts about everyday activities
...or if you plan to take the International Certificate Level 1
Choose level B1 if you can...
- Understand the main points in clear conversations about familiar topics
- Write short, simple essays with a basic structure on familiar topics
- Describe a variety of familiar subjects in straightforward speech
- Generally understand straightforward factual texts on familiar topics
...or if you plan to take the International Certificate Level 2
Choose level B2 if you can...
- Understand someone speaking quickly, if the accent is familiar
- Write a structured text including main points and supporting details
- In speaking, describe a wide range of familiar subjects
- Understand subtleties in text, like the attitudes and feelings of characters
...or if you plan to take the International Certificate Level 3
Choose level C1 if you can...
- Understand the details in a complex audio recording
- Express yourself fluently in writing, with different levels of formality
- Give explanations for your opinion using complex language
- Understand complex arguments in a text such as a newspaper article
...or if you plan to take the International Certificate Level 4
The Readiness Test is hosted on Test Hub – the free, cutting-edge assessment platform from Pearson English.
With your Test Hub account you can:
- Purchase your test
- Take your test
- View your results
- Store your results for viewing and comparing later
- Browse other Pearson English assessments and resources
We’ll ask you to create your free account before you pay for your test.