FT.com, the Financial Times website, has this week been voted the best internet site for global markets coverage by Barron's, the US investment magazine.
Ranked first place alongside the Wall Street Journal website, this is the second time that FT.com has been honoured in the magazine's annual 'Best of the Web' awards. In its citation on the 'Best Global Markets' award for FT.com, the magazine states: 'The site is beautifully designed, and it's easy to find what you're looking for at a glance.' FT.com was awarded a total of four stars out of a possible five, scoring particularly highly in four categories : ease of use, depth and usefulness of data, editorial content and timeliness.
Deborah Hargreaves, the FT's markets editor, said : 'We're delighted to see that our global markets coverage has been recognised as the best in its field by our peers, for the second year running. The award confirms that we are filling a vital need for our growing user base, many of whom are now paying subscribers.'
In its annual ranking of the best investment websites, Dow Jones-owned Barron's stated : 'Even in these tough times for all media, the top Websites have been honed and improved, and that's the best news online investors have had this year.'
For further information please contact:
Katy Hemmings, Financial Times, +44 (0) 20 7873 3829
Notes to Editors
The FT is firmly established as one of the world's leading business information brands, internationally recognised for its authoritative, accurate, and incisive news, comment and analysis. Whether in print or online, the Financial Times is essential reading for the global business community.
Printed in nineteen sites across the world, the Financial Times newspaper currently has a circulation of 485,000 copies worldwide.
FT.com's 2.7 million unique monthly users generate 55 million monthly page views (ABC Electronic figures for January 2002), delivering a premium audience to advertisers.
Previous FT.com Awards include :
- Eppy Awards 2000 ' Best Online Business News Site and Best non-US News Site
- AOL Money section 2000 ' FTyourmoney channel listed among Top 5 Sites
- Easynet 2000 ' Site of the Week for FTyourmoney channel
- Future UK Internet Awards ' FTyourmoney named Best UK Personal Finance Site
- New Media Age Awards 2000 ' Effectiveness Award for Business Media
- EMMA Awards 2000 ' Best Reference Site
- PPA Interactive Publishing Awards 2000 ' Best Interactive Publisher
- IVCA 'Biz-Net' Awards 2000 ' Grand Prix and Business Media Website Awards
- Eppy Awards 2001 ' Best Overall non-US Newspaper Online Service and Best Business Section in a Newspaper Online Service.
- Revolution Awards 2001 ' Commended, Best Online Property from a Media Owner
- Financial Services Media Awards ' Best Financial Website, Oct 2001
- Barron's Investor Website Awards 2001 ' Best Global Markets Site
- Shares Magazine 2002 ' Best Private Investor Website
- The London Press Club 2002 ' Online Journalist of the Year for Robert Cottrell
- UK Dealing Room Survey 2002 ' FT.com Most Popular Site for UK Traders
- Offshore Northern Seas Award 2002 ' Media Prize for FT.com's Energy Reporting