Titles honored for innovative book designs
New York, NY, February 4, 2010 — Seven of Pearson’s creative School and Higher Education book designs took home awards from the 24th annual New York Book Show, sponsored by the Bookbinder’s Guild of New York. The awards recognize quality in the design, graphics, production, printing, and binding of books.
- Magruder’s American Government - First Place, Middle/High School Jackets/Covers
- Magruder's American Government - First Place, Middle/High School Book
- focusMATH Intensive Intervention - First Place, Elementary Jacket/Cover Series
Other Pearson awards include:
Three Second Place Awards:
- Prentice Hall Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2 - Second Place, Middle/High School Book Series
- Prentice Hall Algebra, Geometry and Algebra 2 - Second Place, Middle/High School Jacket/Cover Series
- The Merrill Counseling Series - Second Place, College Jacket/Cover Series
Three Third Place Awards:
- Interactive Science - Third Place, Middle/High School Jacket/Cover Series
- Interactive Science - Third Place, Middle/High School Book Series
- Think Series - Third Place, College Jacket/Cover Series
One Merit Award:
- Calculus and its Applications - Merit Award, College Jacket/Cover Series
“Pearson, a longtime supporter of the Guild and the Book Show, continues to offer a wide range of high-quality design work, and we congratulate them on their wins,” said Isabelle Stinnette, Co-Chair, 24th Annual New York Book Show.
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), the global leader in education, teacher training, education technology and school solutions, provides innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry.
About The Bookbinders Guild
Established in 1926, the Bookbinders’ Guild of New York is a trade organization composed of professionals throughout the book publishing and manufacturing industry. The Guild hosts monthly meetings on current topics in publishing, The New York Book Show, The Barge Bash, charitable events to promote literacy, and sponsored educational trips and seminars.