App offers daily postings and the searchable content of more than 60 editions of the award-winning luxury lifestyle magazine.
The Financial Times has today launched a free iPad app for its luxury lifestyle magazine, How To Spend It, which transforms the way magazine content is packaged for the iPad.
- Searchable content of more than 60 editions of How To Spend It
- Content from new issues posted seven days a week
- Daily additional postings – blogs, columns and news from our award-winning team which readers won’t find in the print version
- Content organised by subject rather than by print edition
- Access to most magazine features and columns before they appear in print
- Gift Guide: over 600 inspired ideas for him and for her – with a new gift posted every day of the year
- Uniquely, all this content is free to download and access.
How To Spend It editor Gillian de Bono said: ‘How To Spend It is widely recognised as the benchmark for luxury lifestyle colour supplements; we want our app to be the benchmark for magazine apps. When we designed this, our first question was: why adopt a print-style published edition format when we can organise content logically and allow readers to search their favourite subjects, columns and writers? And with daily postings, the app gives magazine readers a unique sense of discovery.’
FT deputy CEO and global commercial director, Ben Hughes, added: ‘The How To Spend It brand continues to go from strength to strength. The app offers new mobile possibilities for advertisers, including a brand hub where advertisers can showcase their brand and products in detail.’
The app can be downloaded from the Apple iTunes store and more information can be found at http://apps.ft.com/htsi.