Learning Mathematics in Elementary and Middle School: A Learner-Centered Approach, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Learning Mathematics in Elementary and Middle School provides valuable research-based instructional strategies, resources and activities to help you evaluate how children think mathematically and how to link that knowledge to developmentally appropriate teaching practice.
Published by Pearson (April 9th 2014) - Copyright © 2015
Subject: Curriculum & Instruction
Category: Math Methods
Table of contents
1. Teaching Mathematics: Influences and Directions
2. Learning and Teaching Mathematics
3. Developing Mathematical Thinking and Problem-Solving Ability
4. Assessing Mathematics Understanding
5. Developing Number Concepts
6. Developing Understanding of Numeration
7. Developing Whole-Number Operations: Meaning of Operations
8. Developing Whole-Number Operations: Mastering the Basic Facts
9. Estimation and Computational Procedures for Whole Numbers
10. Developing Fraction Concepts
11. Developing Fraction Computation
12. Developing Decimal Concepts and Computation
13. Understanding Ratio, Proportion, and Percent
14. Developing Geometric Thinking and Spatial Sense
15. Developing Measurement Concepts and Skills
16. Collecting, Organizing, and Interpreting Data
17. Developing Algebraic Thinking
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.