Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Comprehensive Multicultural Education: Theory and Practice blends diversity theory, history, and social science with sample lessons, cases, and real-world vignettes. This approach helps you to understand the "what, why, and how" of multicultural education and to become informed, caring advocates for all students.
Published by Pearson (February 5th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Foundations of Education
Category: Multicultural Education
Table of contents
Part I: The Case for Multicultural Education
1. Multicultural Schools: What, Why, and How
2. Culture, Race, and the Contexts for Multicultural Teaching
3. Race Relations and the Nature of Prejudice
4. Affirming Religious Pluralism in U.S. Schools and Society
Part II: Roots of Cultural Diversity in the United States: The Conflicting Themes of Assimilation and Pluralism
5. Immigration and Cultural Pluralism: Anglo-European American Perspectives
6. Colonialism, Involuntary Immigration, and the American Dream: American Indian and African American Perspectives
7. Colonialism, Immigration, and the American Dream: Latino Perspectives
8. Contemporary Immigration and the American Dream: Asian American Perspectives
9. U.S. Immigrants from the Middle East: Arab American Perspectives
Part III: Reaching All Learners: Perspectives on Culture, Gender, Class, and Exceptionalities
10. The Promise of Culturally Competent Teaching
11. How Does Gender Make a Difference?
12. The Impact of Poverty on American Children and Youth
13. The Challenges of Special Education in Inclusive Classrooms
Part IV. Teaching in a Multicultural Society
14. Teaching in Linguistically Diverse Classrooms, James S. Damico and Suriati Abas
15. Curriculum Transformation: A Multicultural Curriculum Development Model for Teacher Decision Making
Appendix A: Curriculum Transformation: Sample Lessons
Appendix B: Linking Global and Multicultural Education: A Diagram
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.