Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing is a complete guide to applying the law and ethics in nursing, across settings. Useful as both a learning tool and a professional resource, the text is a comprehensive review of legal and ethical issues for nurses at all levels of education and licensure in all clinical settings. It reflects the influence of the law and ethics on professional nursing, as seen in the expanding autonomous roles of nurses and changes in health care delivery and clientele.
The 7th Edition offers the most up-to-date coverage of laws, ethics and trends in professional nursing. It includes new ongoing case studies applying chapter content, a new discussion of organizational ethics, and expanded ethical scenarios and decision-making guidelines.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Upper-Level Nursing
Category: Legal & Ethical Issues in Nursing
Brief Table of Contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO THE LAW AND THE JUDICIAL PROCESS
- Legal Concepts and the Judicial Process
- Anatomy of a Lawsuit
PART 2: ETHICS IN NURSING PRACTICE
- Introduction to Ethics
- Application of Ethics in Nursing Practice Settings
PART 3: LIABILITY ISSUES
- Standards of Care
- Tort Law
- Nursing Liability: Defenses
- Informed Consent
- Patient Self-Determination
- Documentation and Confidentiality
- Professional Liability Insurance
PART 4: IMPACT OF THE LAW ON THE PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE OF NURSING
- Nurse Practice Acts, Licensure, and the Scope of Practice
- Advanced Nursing Practice Roles
- Corporate Liability Issues and Employment Laws
- Federal Laws: The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Civil Rights Act of 1991
- Nursing Management and the Nurse-Manager
- Delegation, Supervision, and Patient Advocacy Issues
PART 5: IMPACT OF THE LAW ON NURSING IN SELECTED PRACTICE SETTINGS
- Nursing in Acute Care Settings
- Nursing in Ambulatory and Managed Care Settings
- Public and Community Health Care
- Nursing in Long-Term Care Settings
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.