Phlebotomy Simplified, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Phlebotomy Simplified is an easy-to-follow introduction to basic phlebotomy for the beginning health care student. The text takes a step-by-step, practice-oriented approach to blood collection procedures. It can also serve as a practical reference guide for health care professionals responsible for blood and specimen collection in diverse settings, including hospitals, ambulatory clinics, home health care and pediatric clinics.
The 3rd Edition has been reconfigured to make learning objectives a more direct extension of the entry-level competencies of NAACLS. Competencies of the National Accrediting Committee for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) are linked to relevant chapters and to coverage level (basic or intermediate). To help you synthesize the material, each chapter ends with critical-thinking activities, including study questions, problem-solving cases and competency assessments.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Medical Assisting
1. Phlebotomy Practice and Quality Assessment Basics
2. Ethical, Legal, and Regulatory Issues
3. Basic Medical Terminology, the Human Body, and the Cardiovascular System
4. Safety and Infection Control
5. Documentation, Specimen Handling, and Transportation
6. Blood Collection Equipment
7. Preexamination/Preanalytical Complications
8. Venipuncture Procedures
9. Capillary or Dermal Blood Specimens
10. Pediatric and Geriatric Procedures
11. Special Collections
1. NAACLS Entry-Level PBT Competencies and Chapter Matrix
2. Competency Assessment Tracking Checklist
3. Finding a Job
4. Cautious Use of Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Symbols
5. Military Time (24-Hour Clock)
6. Collection and Allowable Blood Volumes from Pediatric and Neonatal Patients
7. Basic Spanish for Specimen Collection Procedures
8. Answers to Study Questions and Case Studies
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.