Guidance of Young Children, 10th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Guidance of Young Children promotes positive child guidance and management strategies. Written in a conversational style, yet solidly grounded in child development theory and research, Guidance of Young Children focuses on positive and developmentally appropriate guidance of young children. Based on the author's belief that adults need to have realistic expectations of children, the book emphasizes understanding young children's development in addition to major guidance theories. Real-world examples and case studies illustrate guidance in action, while analysis and application activities give readers a chance to construct their own basic approach to child guidance.
The 10th Edition enhances its focus on positive guiding strategies with new information about the authoritative caregiving style, an emphasis on encouragement over praise, additional information about the high rate of childcare and preschool expulsions and more school-based examples at the pre-K and K level.
Published by Pearson (December 11th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Early Childhood Education
Category: Guidance & Behavior
PART I: GUIDING YOUNG CHILDREN: THREE ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS
1. A Teacher's Role in Guiding Children
2. Theoretical Foundations of Child Guidance
3. Understand Child Development: A Key to Guiding Children Effectively
PART II: “DIRECT" AND “INDIRECT" CHILD GUIDANCE
4. Supportive Physical Environments: Indirect Guidance
5. Positive Guidance and Discipline Strategies: Direct Guidance
6. Using Observation in Guiding Children
PART III: SPECIAL TOPICS IN CHILD GUIDANCE
7. Self-Esteem and the Moral Self
8. Feelings and Friends: Emotional and Social Competence
9. Resilience and Stress in Childhood
10. Aggression and Bullying in Young Children
11. Minimizing Challenging Behavior
PART IV: APPLY YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF CHILD GUIDANCE
12. Apply Your Knowledge: Guiding Children during Routines and Transitions
13. Apply Your Knowledge: Use the Decision-Making Model of Child Guidance
Appendix: Review: Major Positive Discipline Strategies
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.