Born to Talk: An Introduction to Speech and Language Development, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
With its primary focus on language development, Born to Talk is a comprehensive, contemporary, reader-friendly view of language development. It encompasses new and exciting contributions to the information about human language acquisition, and examines the complex array of topics that provide the foundation for human communication and its development from birth through young adulthood. The 7th Edition includes a new chapter and appendices on language sampling, making it particularly useful for students and practitioners in speech-language pathology, early childhood education, general education, special education and related disciplines.
Published by Pearson (February 27th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Communication Sciences & Disorders
Category: Language Disorders
1. A Connection of Brains
2. Language Acquisition: A Theoretical Journey
3. Cognitive Development: Building a Foundation for Language
4. In the Beginning: Communication Development from Birth to 2 Years
5. Children Learning Language: Participating in Language Sample
6. The Saga Continues: Language Development Through the Preschool Years
7. Taking Language from Home to School
8. Development of Speech Sounds and Cultural Variations in Speech and Language Production
9. Speech and Language Disorders in the Home, School, and Community
10. The Anatomical and Physiological Bases of Speech, Language, and Hearing
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.