Treating Those with Mental Disorders: A Comprehensive Approach to Case Conceptualization and Treatment, 2nd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Treating Those with Mental Disorders offers practical guidance on selecting and applying treatments for clients who have mental disorders. It gives you, as a student or new counselor, specific treatment planning, implementation and intervention strategies in addition to background information on clinical issues and DSM-5 diagnoses and interventions. Real-life examples illustrate how critical counseling concepts and approaches are applied in actual practice.
The 2nd Edition is updated with current, evidence-based treatment techniques and a new chapter on culture and ethics, this highly practical resource empowers counselors to thoughtfully and deliberately help their clients tackle complex issues and difficulties.
Published by Pearson (February 27th 2018) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Psychopathology / Mental Disorders
1. Developing Effective Treatment Plans
2. Real World Treatment Planning: Systems, Culture, and Ethics
3. Safety-Related Clinical Issues and Treatment Planning
4. Depressive, Bipolar, and Related Disorders
5. Anxiety Disorders
6. Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
7. Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
8. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
9. Personality Disorders
10. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
11. Feeding and Eating Disorders
12. Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders, and Elimination Disorders
13. Neurodevelopmental and Neurocognitive Disorders
14. Dissociative Disorders and Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
15. Sleep-Wake Disorders, Sexual Dysfunctions, Paraphilic Disorders, and Gender Dysphoria
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.