Becker's World of the Cell, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Becker's World of the Cell provides a beautifully-illustrated, up-to-date introduction to cell and molecular biology concepts, processes, and applications.
Published by Pearson (December 13th 2017) - Copyright © 2016
Category: Cell Biology
Table of contents
1. A Preview of Cell Biology
2. The Chemistry of the Cell
3. The Macromolecules of the Cell
4. Cells and Organelles
5. Bioenergetics: The Flow of Energy in the Cell
6. Enzymes: The Catalysts of Life
7. Membranes: Their Structure, Function, and Chemistry
8. Transport Across Membranes: Overcoming the Permeability Barrier
9. Chemotrophic Energy Metabolism: Glycolysis and Fermentation
10. Chemotrophic Energy Metabolism: Aerobic Respiration
11. Phototrophic Energy Metabolism: Photosynthesis
12. The Endomembrane System
13. Cytoskeletal Systems
14. Cellular Movement: Motility and Contractility
15. Beyond the Cell: Cell Adhesions, Cell Junctions, and Extracellular Structures
16. The Structural Basis of Cellular Information: DNA, Chromosomes, and Genome Organization
17. DNA Replication, Repair, and Recombination
18. Gene Expression I: The Genetic Code and Transcription
19. Gene Expression II: Protein Synthesis and Sorting
20. Regulation of Gene Expression
21. Molecular Biology Techniques for Cell Biology
22. Signal Transduction Mechanisms I: Electrical and Synaptic Signaling in Neurons
23. Signal Transduction Mechanisms II: Messengers and Receptors
24. The Cell Cycle and Mitosis
25. Sexual Reproduction, Meiosis, and Genetic Recombination
26. Cancer Cells
Appendix - Visualizing Cells and Molecules
Photo, Illustration, and Text Credits
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.