Astronomy Today, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Astronomy Today connects introductory astronomy to a broad understanding of the universe, combining up-to-date science with recent discoveries.
Published by Pearson (November 13th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Table of contents
I. ASTRONOMY AND THE UNIVERSE
1. Charting the Heavens: The Foundations of Astronomy
2. The Copernican Revolution: The Birth of Modern Science
3. Radiation: Information from the Cosmos
4. Spectroscopy: The Inner Workings of Atoms
5. Telescopes: The Tools of Astronomy
II. OUR PLANETARY SYSTEM
6. The Solar System: An Introduction to Comparative Planetology
7. Earth: Our Home in Space
8. The Moon and Mercury: Scorched and Battered Worlds
9. Venus: Earth's Sister Planet
10. Mars: A Near Miss for Life?
11. Jupiter: Giant of the Solar System
12. Saturn: Spectacular Rings and Mysterious Moons
13. Uranus and Neptune: The Outer Worlds of the Solar System
14. Solar System Debris: Keys to Our Origin
15. The Formation of Planetary Systems: The Solar System and Beyond
III. STARS AND STELLAR EVOLUTION
16. The Sun: Our Parent Star
17. The Stars: Giants, Dwarfs, and the Main Sequence
18. The Interstellar Medium: Gas and Dust among the Stars
19. Star Formation: A Traumatic Birth
20. Stellar Evolution: The Life and Death of a Star
21. Stellar Explosions: Novae, Supernovae, and the Formation of the Elements
22. Neutron Stars and Black Holes: Strange States of Matter
IV. GALAXIES AND COSMOLOGY
23. The Milky Way Galaxy: A Spiral in Space
24. Galaxies: Building Blocks of the Universe
25. Galaxies and Dark Matter: The Large-Scale Structure of the Cosmos
26. Cosmology: The Big Bang and the Fate of the Universe
27. The Early Universe: Toward the Beginning of Time
28. Life in the Universe: Are We Alone?
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.