Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Understanding the Essentials of Critical Care Nursing introduces critical care and concentrates on the problems that the new critical care nurse is most likely to encounter, establishing the groundwork you need to become an informed, critical thinker and increasingly effective nurse capable of offering advanced care.
Published by Pearson (December 11th 2017) - Copyright © 2018
Category: Core Nursing Courses
Table of contents
1. What is Critical Care?
2. Care of the Critical Ill Patient
3. Care of the Patient with Respiratory Failure
4. Interpretation and Management of Basic Dysrhythmias
5. Cardiodynamics and Hemodynamic Regulation
6. Care of the Patient Experiencing Shock
7. Care of the Patient Experiencing Heart Failure
8. Care of the Patient Experiencing Acute Coronary Syndrome
9. Care of the Patient Following Traumatic Injury
10. Care of the Patient Experiencing an Intracranial Dysfunction
11. Care of the Patient With a Cerebral or Cerbrovascular Disorder
12. Care of the Critically Ill Patient Experiencing Alcohol Withdrawal and/or Liver Failure
13. Care of the Patient With an Acute Gastrointestinal Bleed or Pancreatitis
14. Care of the Patient with Problems in Glucose Metabolism
15. Care of the Patient with Acute Kidney Injury
16. Care of the Organ Donor and Transplant Recipient
17. Care of the Acutely Ill Burn Patient
18. Care of the Patient with Sepsis
19. Care of the ICU Patient at the End of Life
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.