Leadership and Management for Nurses, 4th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Leadership and Management for Nurses will hone your clinical reasoning skills and prepare you to enter managerial roles. It focuses on five core competencies: provide patient-centered care, work in interprofessional teams, employ evidence-based practice, apply quality improvement and utilize informatics.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Upper-Level Titles
Table of contents
SECTION I: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
1. Conceptual Base for Leadership and Management
2. Healthcare Policy, Legal Issues, and Ethics in Healthcare Delivery
3. Operational and Strategic Planning: Change, Innovation, and Decision Making
4. Organizational Structure for Effective Care Delivery
5. Healthcare Economics
6. Acute Care Organizations: An Example of a Healthcare Organization
7. Public/Community Health: Expansion and Need for Leadership
8. Recruitment and Retention: Meeting Staffing Requirements
SECTION II: HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS CORE COMPETENCIES
9. Managing Patient-Centered Care
10. Diversity and Disparities in Health Care
11. Consumers and Nurses
12. Developing Interprofessional and Intraprofessional Teams
13. Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution
14. Effective Staff Communication and Working Relationships
15. Delegation for Effective Outcomes
16. Evidence-Based Practice and Management
17. Healthcare Quality: A Critical Health Policy Issue
18. Implementing Healthcare Quality Improvement
19. Healthcare Informatics and Technology
SECTION III: CURRENT ISSUES AND DEVELOPMENT OF PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS
20. Staff Education to Meet Health Professions Core Competencies and Improve Care
A. AONE Nurse Executive Competencies
B. AONE Nurse Manager Competencies
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.