Leadership and Management for Nurses: Core Competencies for Quality Care, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Leadership and Management for Nurses prepares every nurse to be a leader. It examines critical issues in healthcare delivery and the leadership roles every nurse must play. The text focuses on five core competencies for healthcare professions: provide patient-centered care, work in interprofessional teams, employ evidence-based practice, apply quality improvement and utilize informatics. Engaging features, such as an evolving case study, hone your clinical reasoning skills and prepare you to enter managerial roles.
The 4th Edition is full of extensive new content and exercises. It uses a framework based on the quality initiative of the Institute of Medicine/National Academy of Medicine. New and expanded content on quality improvement reinforces this issue as central to healthcare delivery.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Upper-Level Nursing
Category: Leadership & Management in Nursing
Table of Contents
SECTION I: LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Conceptual Base for Leadership and Management
- Healthcare Policy, Legal Issues, and Ethics in Healthcare Delivery
- Operational and Strategic Planning: Change, Innovation, and Decision Making
- Organizational Structure for Effective Care Delivery
- Healthcare Economics
- Acute Care Organizations: An Example of a Healthcare Organization
- Public/Community Health: Expansion and Need for Leadership
- Recruitment and Retention: Meeting Staffing Requirements
SECTION II: HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONS CORE COMPETENCIES
- Managing Patient-Centered Care
- Diversity and Disparities in Health Care
- Consumers and Nurses
- Developing Interprofessional and Intraprofessional Teams
- Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution
- Effective Staff Communication and Working Relationships
- Delegation for Effective Outcomes
- Evidence-Based Practice and Management
- Healthcare Quality: A Critical Health Policy Issue
- Implementing Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Healthcare Informatics and Technology
SECTION III: CURRENT ISSUES AND DEVELOPMENT OF PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS
- Staff Education to Meet Health Professions Core Competencies and Improve Care
- AONE Nurse Executive Competencies
- AONE Nurse Manager Competencies
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.