Handbook of Informatics for Nurses & Healthcare Professionals, 6th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Handbook of Informatics for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals is your practical guide to using computer applications and healthcare information systems. The text offers a complete, up-to-date overview of key issues related to adopting and applying healthcare IT and nursing informatics. The authors cover the concepts, skills, and tasks required to achieve national IT goals and transform healthcare delivery.
The 6th Edition reflects rapid changes in healthcare IT and informatics and builds upon the expertise of contributors involved in day-to-day informatics practice, education, and research. New coverage of technology and its symbiotic relationship to patient care identifies the interplay of IT and medical practice.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Upper-Level Titles
Table of contents
1. An Overview of Informatics in Healthcare
2. Informatics Theory and Practice
3. Effective and Ethical Use of Data and Information
4. Electronic Resources for Healthcare Professionals
5. Using Informatics to Support Evidence-Based Practice and Research
6. Policy, Legislation, and Regulation Issues for Informatics Practice
7. Electronic Health Record Systems
8. Healthcare Information Systems
9. Strategic Planning, Project Management, and Health Information Technology (IT) Selection
10. Improving the Usability of Health Informatics Applications
11. System Implementation, Maintenance, and Evaluation
12. Workforce Development
13. Information Security and Confidentiality
14. Information Networks and Information Exchange
15. The Role of Standardized Terminology and Language in Informatics
16. Continuity Planning and Management (Disaster Recovery)
17. Using Informatics to Educate
18. Consumer Health Informatics
19. Connected Healthcare (Telehealth and Technology-Enabled Healthcare)
20. Public Health Informatics
Appendix A: Hardware and Software
Appendix B: The Internet and the Worldwide Web
Appendix C: An Overview of Tools for the Informatics Nurse
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.