Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Human Physiology: An Integrated Approach engages you in developing an understanding of human physiology and in moving beyond memorization as you learn to think critically in solving real-world problems. The foundation of Dr. Silverthorn's approach is her active learning instruction style that integrates big picture themes with up-to-date cellular and molecular physiology topics.
The 8th Edition features new Try It activities that present a real-world research problem or a classic experiment and guide you in thinking like a scientist. Updated Focus on…Graphing activities engage you in active learning and Focus on…Mapping helps you in creating concept maps.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Anatomy & Physiology
Category: Human Physiology
I. BASIC CELL PROCESSES: INTEGRATION AND COORDINATION
- Introduction to Physiology
- Molecular Interactions
- Compartmentation: Cells and Tissues
- Energy and Cellular Metabolism
- Membrane Dynamics
- Communication, Integration, and Homeostasis
II. HOMEOSTASIS AND CONTROL
- Introduction to the Endocrine System
- Neurons: Cellular and Network Properties
- The Central Nervous System
- Sensory Physiology
- Efferent Division: Autonomic and Somatic Motor Control
- Integrative Physiology I: Control of Body Movement
III. INTEGRATION OF FUNCTION
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Blood Flow and the Control of Blood Pressure
- Mechanics of Breathing
- Gas Exchange and Transport
- The Kidneys
- Integrative Physiology II: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
IV. METABOLISM, GROWTH, AND AGING
- The Digestive System
- Metabolism and Energy Balance
- Endocrine Control of Growth and Metabolism
- The Immune System
- Integrative Physiology III: Exercise
- Reproduction and Development
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.