Applications and Investigations in Earth Science, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Applications and Investigations in Earth Science explores Earth's systems with flexible, hands-on exercises. The lab manual is designed to accompany Tarbuck and Lutgens' Earth Science and Foundations of Earth Science, but can be used for any Earth Science lab course or text. The manual contains 24 step-by-step, adaptable exercises that examine the basic principles and concepts of the Earth Sciences, while reinforcing major topics in geology, oceanography, meteorology and astronomy.
The 9th Edition features a new lab on volcanism and volcanic hazards, and dynamic illustrations by Dennis Tasa are thoroughly updated to provide you with a visually engaging learning experience.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Subject: Earth Science
Category: Introductory Earth Science Lab
PART 1. GEOLOGY
- Exercise 1. The Study of Minerals
- Exercise 2. Rocks and the Rock Cycle
- Exercise 3. Plate Tectonics
- Exercise 4. Earthquakes and Earth's Interior
- Exercise 5. Volcanism and Volcanic Hazards
- Exercise 6. Geologic Maps, Block Diagrams, and Rock Structures
- Exercise 7. Aerial Photographs, Satellite Images, and Topographic Maps
- Exercise 8. Shaping Earth's Surface: Running Water and Groundwater
- Exercise 9. Shaping Earth's Surface: Arid and Glacial Landscapes
- Exercise 10. Geologic Time
PART 2. OCEANOGRAPHY
- Exercise 11. Introduction to Oceanography
- Exercise 12. Waves, Currents, and Tides
PART 3. METEOROLOGY
- Exercise 13. Earth-Sun Relationships
- Exercise 14. Heating the Atmosphere
- Exercise 15. Atmospheric Moisture, Pressure, and Wind
- Exercise 16. Air Masses, Midlatitude Cyclones, and Weather Maps
- Exercise 17. Global Climates
PART 4. ASTRONOMY
- Exercise 18. Astronomical Observations
- Exercise 19. Patterns in the Solar System
- Exercise 20. Locating the Planets
- Exercise 21. Exercise A mining the Terrestrial Planets
- Exercise 22. Motions of the Earth-Moon System
PART 5. EARTH SCIENCE SKILLS
- Exercise 23. Location and Distance on Earth
- Exercise 24. The Metric System, Measurements, and Scientific Inquiry
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.