Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach, 3rd edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Genetic Analysis: An Integrated Approach uses an integrated approach to help you contextualize the core challenges of learning genetics. The authors share their excitement about genetics and the dynamism at work in the field as they emphasize real-world applications of genetics.
Published by Pearson (July 13th 2021) - Copyright © 2019
Table of contents
1. The Molecular Basis of Heredity, Variation, and Evolution
2. Transmission Genetics
3. Cell Division and Chromosome Heredity
4. Inheritance Patterns of Single Genes and Gene Interaction
5. Genetic Linkage and Mapping in Eukaryotes
6. Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
Application Chapter: Part I: Genetic Counseling
7. DNA Structure and Replication
8. Molecular Biology of Transcription and RNA Processing
9. The Molecular Biology of Translation
Application Chapter: Part II: Genetic Testing
10. Chromosome Chapter
11. Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Homologous Recombination
13. Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria and Bacteriophage
14. Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
15. Analysis of Gene Function by Forward Genetics and Reverse Genetics
Application Chapter: Part III: Cancer Genetics
16. Recombinant DNA Technology and Its Applications
17. Genomics: Genetics from a Whole-Genome Perspective
18. Organelle Inheritance and the Evolution of Organelle Genomes
19. Developmental Genetics
20. Genetic Analysis of Quantitative Traits
Application Chapter: IV: Personalized Medicine
21. Population Genetics and Evolution at the Population, Species, and Molecular Levels
Application Chapter: V: Forensic Genetics
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.