Essentials of Genetics, 10th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Essentials of Genetics is known for its focus on conceptual understanding, problem solving and practical applications. The text provides a focus on essential genetic topics and explores the latest breakthroughs. You'll be able to strengthen your problem-solving skills while investigating essential genetics topics that today's students need to understand.
The 10th Edition provides comprehensive coverage of emerging topics such as CRISPR-Cas, epigenetics and genetic testing. And a new Special Topics chapter covers Advances in Neurogenetics with a focus on Huntington Disease, and new Genetics, Ethics, and Society essays emphasize ethical considerations that genetics brings into everyday life.
Published by Pearson (May 15th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
- Introduction to Genetics
- Mitosis and Meiosis
- Mendelian Genetics
- Modification of Mendelian Ratios
- Sex Determination and Sex Chromosomes
- Chromosome Mutations: Variation in Number and Arrangement
- Linkage and Chromosome Mapping in Eukaryotes
- Genetic Analysis and Mapping in Bacteria and Bacteriophages
- DNA Structure and Analysis
- DNA Replication
- Chromosome Structure and DNA Sequence Organization
- The Genetic Code and Transcription
- Translation and Proteins
- Gene Mutation, DNA Repair, and Transposition
- Regulation of Gene Expression in Bacteria
- Regulation of Gene Expression in Eukaryotes
- Recombinant DNA Technology
- Genomics, Bioinformatics, and Proteomics
- The Genetics of Cancer
- Quantitative Genetics and Multifactorial Traits
- Population and Evolutionary Genetics
Special Topics in Modern Genetics
- Genetic Testing
- Gene Therapy Advances in Neurogenetics: The Study of Huntington Disease
- DNA Forensics
- Genetically Modified Foods
- Genomics and Precision Medicine
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.