Auditing and Assurance Services, 17th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Auditing and Assurance Services: An Integrated Approach, 17th Edition presents an integrated approach to auditing that details the process from start to finish. The text provides you with comprehensive and up-to-date information, including discussion of new standards, codes, and concepts. Based on the authors' belief that the fundamental concepts of auditing center on the nature and amount of evidence that auditors should gather in specific engagements, the text's primary objective is to illustrate auditing concepts using practical examples and real-world settings. Using key real audit decisions as their foundation, you can successfully conduct an audit according to a financial reporting framework.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Accounting & Taxation
Table of contents
PART 1: THE AUDITING PROFESSION
1. The Demand for Audit and Other Assurance Services
2. The CPA Profession
3. Audit Reports
4. Professional Ethics
5. Legal Liability
PART 2: THE AUDIT PROCESS
6. Audit Responsibilities and Objectives
7. Audit Evidence
8. Audit Planning and Materiality
9. Assessing the Risk of Material Misstatement
10. Assessing and Responding to Fraud Risks
11. Internal Control and Coso Framework
12. Assessing Control Risk and Reporting on Internal Controls
13. Overall Audit Strategy and Audit Program
PART 3: APPLICATION OF THE AUDIT PROCESS TO THE SALES AND COLLECTION CYCLE
14. Audit of the Sales and Collection Cycle: Tests of Controls and Substantive Tests of Transactions
15. Audit Sampling for Tests of Controls and Substantive Tests of Transactions
16. Completing the Tests in the Sales and Collection Cycle: Accounts Receivable
17. Audit Sampling for Tests of Details of Balances
PART 4: APPLICATION OF THE AUDIT PROCESS TO OTHER CYCLES
18. Audit of the Acquisition and Payment Cycle: Tests of Controls, Substantive Tests of Transactions, and Accounts Payable
19. Completing the Tests in the Acquisition and Payment Cycle: Verification of Selected Accounts
20. Audit of the Payroll and Personnel Cycle
21. Audit of the Inventory and Warehousing Cycle
22. Audit of the Capital Acquisition and Repayment Cycle
23. Audit of Cash and Financial Instruments
PART 5: COMPLETING THE AUDIT
24. Completing the Audit
PART 6: OTHER ASSURANCE AND NONASSURANCE SERVICES
25. Other Assurance Services
26. Internal and Governmental Financial Auditing and Operational Auditing
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.