Legal Environment of Business, 9th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
The Legal Environment of Business examines how the current legal and e-commerce environments, and government regulations, impact today's business decisions.
Published by Pearson (March 12th 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Business Law
Category: Business Law
Table of contents
PART I: LEGAL ENVIRONMENT, JUDICIAL SYSTEM, DISPUTE RESOLUTION, AND BUSINESS ETHICS
1. Legal Heritage and the Information Age
2. Ethics and Social Responsibility of Business
3. Courts, Jurisdiction, and Administrative Law
4. Judicial, Alternative, and E-Dispute Resolution
PART II: CONSTITUTIONAL LAW, TORTS, CRIMES, AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
5. Constitutional Law for Business and E-Commerce
6. Torts and Strict Liability
7. Criminal Law and Cybercrime
8. Intellectual Property and Information Technology
PART III: CONTRACTS, UCC TRANSACTIONS, CREDIT, AND E-COMMERCE
9. Formation of Contracts
10. Performance and Breach of Contracts
11. Digital Law and E-Commerce
12. Sales Contracts, Leases, and Warranties
13. Credit, Secured Transactions, and Bankruptcy
PART IV: BUSINESS ORGANIZATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, CORPORATIONS, COMPANIES, AND SECURITIES LAW
14. Small Business, Entrepreneurship, and Partnerships
15. Limited Liability Companies and Special Forms of Business
16. Formation of Corporations and Corporate Governance
17. Investor Protection and Securities Transactions
PART V: AGENCY, EMPLOYMENT, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AND LABOR LAW
18. Agency Law
19. Equal Opportunity in Employment
20. Employment and Worker Protection
21. Labor Unions and Immigration Law
PART VI: GOVERNMENT REGULATION, CONSUMER SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION, AND REAL PROPERTY
22. Antitrust Law and Unfair Trade Practices
23. Consumer Protection
24. Environmental Protection
25. Real Property and Land Use Regulation
PART VII: GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT AND INTERNATIONAL COMMERCE
26. International and World Trade Law
PART VIII: ACCOUNTING PROFESSION
27. Accountants' Duties and Liability
Appendix A: Constitution of the United States of America
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.