Human Resource Management, 16th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Human Resource Management provides you with an introduction to the daily tools and skills you'll need to function as a successful manager, either in HR or business in general. With a practical approach, the text explores the evolution of the field, highlighting the introduction of revolutionary new technologies and social media platforms.
The 16th Edition focuses on the positive impacts technology has had on HR. For example, the ability to vet potential employees on the internet has shifted more HR responsibilities to managers, leaving HR departments with more time to carry out strategic, long-term endeavors for boosting employee performance and engagement. With a heavy focus on emerging industry trends, the text prepares you with everything you'll need to be effective managers and HR personnel in the 21st century.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Human Resource Management
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Introduction to Human Resource Management
- Equal Opportunity and the Law
- Human Resource Management Strategy and Performance
PART 2: RECRUITMENT, PLACEMENT, AND TALENT MANAGEMENT
- Job Analysis and the Talent Management Process
- Personnel Planning and Recruiting
- Employee Testing and Selection
- Interviewing Candidates
PART 3: TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Training and Developing Employees
- Performance Management and Appraisal
- Managing Careers and Retention
PART 4: COMPENSATION
- Establishing Strategic Pay Plans
- Pay for Performance and Financial Incentives
- Benefits and Services
PART 5: ENRICHMENT TOPICS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Building Positive Employee Relations
- Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Safety, Health, and Risk Management
- Managing Global Human Resources
- Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
- HRCI PHR® and SPHR® Certification Body of Knowledge
- About the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Body of Competency and Knowledge™ Model and Certification Exams
- Comprehensive Cases
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.