Principles of Risk Management and Insurance, 14th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Redja’s Principles of Risk Management and Insurance provides an in-depth examination of major risk themes. Using rich and up-to-date content on the basic concepts of risk and insurance, and introductory and advanced topics in traditional and enterprise risk management, the text is relevant to a wide number of disciplines in the business realm.
Fully updated and revised, the 13th Edition now covers global topics ranging from natural disasters and terrorism, to domestic issues like the ever-evolving Affordable Care Act and Healthcare Reform. Principles of Risk Management and Insurance sets itself apart by placing primary emphasis on insurance consumers and blends basic risk management and insurance principles with consumer considerations, allowing students to apply basic concepts to their own personal risk management and insurance programs.
Features and benefits
- The cheapest option for a physical textbook.: This option gives students affordable access to learning materials, so they come to class ready to succeed.
- 21-day risk free returns: Dropping or switching classes? No worries! We've got you covered with 21-day hassle-free returns
- Smart: Highlight text, take notes, search for specific content. New features are added continually to help you study smarter.
- Sustainable: Go green, use online textbooks and reduce paper waste.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Financial Markets & Institutions
Table of contents
PART I: BASIC CONCEPTS IN RISK MANAGEMENT AND INSURANCE
1. Risk and Its Treatment
2. Insurance and Risk
3. Introduction to Risk Management
4. Enterprise Risk Management and Related Topics
PART II: THE PRIVATE INSURANCE INDUSTRY
5. Types of Insurers and Marketing Systems
6. Insurance Company Operations
7. Financial Operations of Insurers
8. Government Regulation of Insurance
PART III: LEGAL PRINCIPLES IN RISK AND INSURANCE
9. Fundamental Legal Principles
10. Analysis of Insurance Contracts
PART IV: LIFE AND HEALTH RISKS
11. Life Insurance
12. Life Insurance Contractual Provisions
13. Buying Life Insurance
14. Annuities and Individual Retirement Accounts
15. Healthcare Reform: Individual Health Insurance Coverages
16. Employee Benefits: Group Life and Health Insurance
17. Employee Benefits: Retirement Plans
18. Social Insurance
PART V: PERSONAL PROPERTY AND LIABILITY RISKS
19. The Liability Risk
20. Auto Insurance
21. Auto Insurance (Continued)
22. Homeowners Insurance, Section I
23. Homeowners Insurance, Section Ii
24. Other Property and Liability Insurance Coverages
PART VI: COMMERCIAL PROPERTY AND LIABILITY RISKS
25. Commercial Property Insurance
26. Commercial Liability Insurance
27. Crime Insurance and Surety Bonds
Appendix A: Personal Auto Policy
Appendix B: Homeowners 3 (Special Form)
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.