Chemistry of Hazardous Materials, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Chemistry of Hazardous Materials is a guide to hazardous materials, for both the chemistry novice and the emergency responder. It covers principles of basic chemistry and the chemical properties that make materials hazardous. The text assumes no prior knowledge of chemistry. Basic chemistry information within chapters will help you grasp the technical basis for occupational, transportation and environmental regulations.
The 7th Edition has new exercises, an introduction to the latest technologies, and a new simplified, streamlined layout. It also discusses current events to offer context for ways of interpreting, handling and storing hazardous chemical substances.
Published by Pearson (December 31st 2019) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Emergency Services (BRADY)
Category: Fire Science
- Some Features of Matter and Energy
- Flammable Gases and Liquids
- Chemical Forms of Matter
- Principles of Chemical Reactions
- Use of the DOT Hazardous Materials Regulations by Emergency Responders
- Chemistry of Some Common Elements
- Chemistry of Some Corrosive Materials
- Chemistry of Some Water- and Air-Reactive Substances
- Chemistry of Some Toxic Substances
- Chemistry of Some Oxidizers
- Chemistry of Some Hazardous Organic Compounds: Part I
- Chemistry of Some Hazardous Organic Compounds: Part II
- Chemistry of Some Polymeric Materials
- Chemistry of Some Explosives
- Radioactive Materials
- Safety Data Sheet for Hydrogen Peroxide
- Table of Elements and Their Atomic Weights
- Hazardous Materials Table
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.