Clinical Laboratory Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine Practices, 1st edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Clinical Laboratory Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine provides the knowledge and tools you need to successfully function in a typical transfusion medicine laboratory.
Published by Pearson (September 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Clinical Lab Science
Category: Bloodbanking / Transfusion
Table of contents
1. The Immune Process: The Origin and Interaction Between Antigens and Antibodies
2. Immunogenetics: The Origin of Antigens
3. Blood Bank Applications of Antigen--Antibody Reactions
4. ABO and Hh Blood Group Systems
5. Rh, RHAG, and LW Blood Group Systems
6. Other Blood Group Systems
7. Pretransfusion and Compatibility Testing
8. Identification of Unexpected Antibodies
9. Donor Selection, Phlebotomy, and Required Testing
10. Blood Products: Preparation, Storage, and Shipment of Blood Components
11. Component Therapy and Massive Transfusion
12. Adverse Reactions to Transfusion
13. Transfusion--Transmitted Infections
14. Perinatal and Neonatal Transfusion Issues
15. Autoimmune and Drug-¿Induced Immune Hemolytic Anemias
16. Platelet Refractory Patients
17. Transfusion Support of Selected Patient Populations
18. Human Histocompatibility
19. Methods in Parentage Testing
20. Transfusion Safety and Regulatory Issues
21. Quality Assurance
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.