Early Childhood Education Today, 15th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Early Childhood Education Today presents current, research-based information. It keeps you on the cutting edge of early childhood teaching practices. The text promotes high-quality early education to all children PreK to Grade 3. This prepares them for success in school and in life. The grade-specific chapters make this text different than other early childhood education texts.
The 15th Edition incorporates new information on COVID-19's effect on instructional practices. It updates teaching in increasingly diverse classrooms. It also outlines how to apply developmentally appropriate practices and close opportunity gaps. You'll learn how to integrate STEM subjects into the curriculum. There's also information on ongoing professional development.
Published by Pearson (April 22nd 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Subject: Early Childhood Education
Category: Introduction to Early Childhood Education
PART 1: Early Childhood Education and Professional Development
- You and Early Childhood Education: What Does It Mean to Be a Professional?
- Contemporary Issues Involving Children and Families: Implications for Teaching and Learning
- Observation and Assessment for Teaching and Learning: Effective Teaching Through Appropriate Evaluation
PART 2: Foundations: History and Theories
- The Past and the Present: Prologue to the Future
- Theories Applied to Teaching and Learning: Foundations for Practice
PART 3: Programs and Services for Children and Families
- Early Childhood Programs: Applying Theories to Practice
- High-Quality Child Care: Meeting the Needs of Children and Families
PART 4: Teaching Today's Young Children: Linking Development and Learning
- Infants and Toddlers: Building Strong Foundations for Life
- The Preschool Years: Readiness for School and Life
- Kindergarten Education: Learning All You Need to Know
- The Primary Grades: Preparation for Lifelong Success
- Technology in Today's Classrooms: Integrating STEM into Your Teaching
PART 5: Meeting the Special Needs of Young Children
- Guiding Behavior: Helping Children Become Responsible
- Children with Diverse Needs: Appropriate Education for All
- Parents, Families, and the Community: Building Partnerships for Children's Success
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.