Educational Research: Fundamental Principles and Methods, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Educational Research educates you on how to become an intelligent consumer of educational research. The text introduces basic research principles to those who may use research in their work. It facilitates student learning through chapter objectives, roadmaps and author reflections. It expertly emphasizes how to conduct research through a non-technical approach. This text includes a comprehensive summary of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods designs. It also includes extensive use of excerpts from published studies.
The 8th Edition has been fully revised and includes a new chapter on qualitative data analysis. Additionally, there's a new chapter on writing research proposals and new research articles.
Published by Pearson (July 14th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Subject: Educational Research
Category: Educational Research
Part I: Getting Ready for Research
- Introduction to Research in Education
- Ethical Issues, Principles, and Practices
- Research Problems and Questions
- Locating and Reviewing Related Literature
Part II: Quantitative Research
- Participants and Sampling for Quantitative Designs
- Foundations of Educational Measurement
- Quantitative Data Collection Techniques
- Nonexperimental Quantitative Research Designs
- Experimental Research Designs
- Understanding Statistical Inferences
Part III: Qualitative Research
- Qualitative Research Designs
- Qualitative Data Collection
- Qualitative Data Analysis, Validity/Trustworthiness, and Reporting
Part IV: Mixed Methods and Action Research
- Mixed Methods Designs
- Action Research
Part V: Communicating Research Results
- Writing Research Proposals, Reports, and Articles
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.