Career Development Interventions, 6th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Career Development Interventions presents theories, assessments, planning tools, resources, and technologies relevant to modern career development in a practical approach that shows theory and research in action. The 6th Edition reflects current research and trends, including the impact of COVID-19 on careers.
Published by Pearson (June 28th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Category: Career Counseling
Table of contents
1. Introduction to Career Development Interventions
2. Understanding and Applying Theories of Career Development
3. Understanding and Applying Recent Theories of Career Development
4. Providing Culturally Competent Career Development Interventions
5. Assessment and Career Planning
6. Career Information and Resources
7. Using Information and Communication Technologies to Support Career Counseling and Planning
8. Career Counseling Strategies and Techniques
9. Designing, Implementing, and Evaluating Career Development Programs and Services
10. Career Development Interventions in Elementary Schools
11. Career Development Interventions in Middle Schools
12. Career Development Interventions in High Schools
13. Career Development Interventions in Higher Education
14. Career Development Interventions in Community Settings
15. Ethical Issues in Career Development Interventions
APPENDIX A: NCDA Code of Ethics Preamble
APPENDIX B: Educational and Career Planning Portfolio
APPENDIX C: Career Counseling Competencies of the National Career Development Association (NCDA)
APPENDIX D: 2016 CACREP Standards Related to Career Development
APPENDIX E: National Career Development Guidelines (NCDG) Framework
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.