Instruction of Students with Severe Disabilities, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Instruction of Students with Severe Disabilities presents a balance of theory and practice for understanding the full range of curriculum and instructional topics involved in educating individuals with severe intellectual disabilities and autism. Case studies focus on students of various ages and with a variety of disabilities. Evidence-based practices are presented clearly to ensure that you understand how to apply them in your own classroom.
The 9th Edition has been updated with new evidence-based research. A new chapter on inclusive education describes evidence-based practices for supporting inclusive education at the school and classroom levels. And a new chapter on transition covers students' transition from school to post-secondary education as well as from school to employment.
Published by Pearson (August 1st 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Special Education
Category: Severe Disabilities
1. Educating Students with Severe Disabilities:Foundational Concepts and Practices
2. Fostering Family - Professional Partnerships
3. Assessment and Planning
4. Measuring Student Behavior and Learning
5. Arranging the Teaching Environment
6. Individualized Instructional Strategies
7. Creating and Implementing Inclusive Education
8. Designing and Implementing Individualized Positive Behavior Support
9. Understanding and Meeting the Health Care Needs of Students with Severe Disabilities
10. Key Concepts in Understanding Motor Disabilities
11. Teaching Self-Care Skills
12. Supporting Peer Interactions, Relationships, and Belonging
13. Teaching Communication Skills
14. Teaching Academic Skills
15. Building Skills for Home and Community
16. Transitioning from School to Employment and Postsecondary Education
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.