Microeconomics, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Economics can often be a challenging topic of study. Many of the principles and concepts you'll read about, including opportunity cost, trade-offs, scarcity, and demand and supply, may not seem applicable to your daily life. Microeconomics makes these concepts relevant and interesting by demonstrating how real businesses apply them to make decisions every day.
With ever-changing US and world economies, the digitally updated 8th Edition includes fully revised content, figures, examples and features. It incorporates the effects of the recent global pandemic on households, firms and economic policy. No matter your career path, whether it's opening an art studio, trading on Wall Street or bartending at the local pub, you'll benefit from grasping the economic forces behind your work.
Published by Pearson (September 29th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Principles of Microeconomics
PART 1: INTRODUCTION
- Economics: Foundations and Models
- Appendix: Using Graphs and Formulas
- Trade-offs, Comparative Advantage, and the Market System
- Where Prices Come From: The Interaction of Demand and Supply
- Economic Efficiency, Government Price Setting, and Taxes
- Appendix: Quantitative Demand and Supply Analysis
PART 2: MARKETS IN ACTION: POLICY AND APPLICATIONS
- Externalities, Environmental Policy, and Public Goods
- Elasticity: The Responsiveness of Demand and Supply
- The Economics of Health Care
PART 3: FIRMS IN THE DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIES
- Firms, the Stock Market, and Corporate Governance
- Appendix: Present Value
- Online Appendix: Tools to Analyze Firms' Financial Information
- Comparative Advantage and the Gains from International Trade
PART 4: MICROECONOMIC FOUNDATIONS: CONSUMERS AND FIRMS
- Consumer Choice and Behavioral Economics
- Appendix: Using Indifference Curves and Budget Lines to Understand Consumer Behavior
- Technology, Production, and Costs Online
- Appendix: Using Isoquants and Isocost Lines to Understand Production and Cost
PART 5: MARKET STRUCTURE AND FIRM STRATEGY
- Firms in Perfectly Competitive Markets
- Monopolistic Competition: The Competitive Model in a More Realistic Setting
- Oligopoly: Firms in Less Competitive Markets
- Monopoly and Antitrust Policy
PART 6: LABOR MARKETS, PUBLIC CHOICE, AND THE DISTRIBUTION OF INCOME
- The Markets for Labor and Other Factors of Production
- Public Choice, Taxes, and the Distribution of Income
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.