Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, 11th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics illustrates how children in PreK to 8th grade learn math, and then shows the most effective methods of teaching math using problem-based activities. Examples of real student work and common challenges help you visualize developmentally appropriate mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. Clear discussions detail how to teach each topic, what a learning progression for that topic might be, and what worthwhile tasks look like. Hundreds of classroom-ready activities show how you can engage students with the concepts. A valuable reference to consult throughout your teaching career, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics helps you develop pedagogical strategies now, and in your future teaching.
The 11th Edition reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTM's Principles to Actions, as well as current research and the latest teaching technology.
Published by Pearson (December 29th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Curriculum & Instruction
Category: Math Methods
PART I: Teaching Mathematics Developmentally: Big Ideas and Research-Based Practices
- Teaching to Build Confident and Competent Mathematics Learners
- Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematics
- Teaching Problem-based Mathematics
- Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom
- Creating Assessments for Learning
- Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Students
PART II: Teaching Mathematics Developmentally: Concepts and Procedures in PreK-8
- Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense
- Developing Meanings for the Operations
- Developing Basic Fact Fluency
- Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
- Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computation
- Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computation
- Algebraic Thinking
- Developing Fraction Concepts
- Developing Fraction Operations
- Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation
- Ratios and Proportional Reasoning
- Developing Measurement Concepts
- Developing Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
- Developing Concepts of Data and Statistics
- Exploring Concepts of Probability
- Developing Concepts of Exponents, Negative Numbers, and Real Numbers
- Standards for Mathematical Practice
- NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices from Principles to Actions
- Guide to Blackline Masters
- Activities at a Glance
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.