Elementary and Middle School Mathematics: Teaching Developmentally, 11th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Elementary and Middle School Mathematics illustrates how children in PreK to 8th grade learn math, and then shows the most effective methods of teaching math using problem-based activities. Examples of real student work and common challenges help you visualize developmentally appropriate mathematics instruction and assessment that supports and challenges all learners. Clear discussions detail how to teach each topic, what a learning progression for that topic might be, and what worthwhile tasks look like. Hundreds of classroom-ready activities show how you can engage students with the concepts. A valuable reference to consult throughout your teaching career, Elementary and Middle School Mathematics helps you develop pedagogical strategies now, and in your future teaching.
The 11th Edition reflects the Common Core State Standards and NCTM's Principles to Actions, as well as current research and the latest teaching technology.
Published by Pearson (December 29th 2022) - Copyright © 2023
Subject: Curriculum & Instruction
Category: Math Methods
Table of contents
PART I: Teaching Mathematics Developmentally: Big Ideas and Research-Based Practices
- Teaching to Build Confident and Competent Mathematics Learners
- Exploring What It Means to Know and Do Mathematics
- Teaching Problem-based Mathematics
- Planning in the Problem-Based Classroom
- Creating Assessments for Learning
- Teaching Mathematics Equitably to All Students
PART II: Teaching Mathematics Developmentally: Concepts and Procedures in PreK-8
- Developing Early Number Concepts and Number Sense
- Developing Meanings for the Operations
- Developing Basic Fact Fluency
- Developing Whole-Number Place-Value Concepts
- Developing Strategies for Addition and Subtraction Computation
- Developing Strategies for Multiplication and Division Computation
- Algebraic Thinking
- Developing Fraction Concepts
- Developing Fraction Operations
- Developing Decimal and Percent Concepts and Decimal Computation
- Ratios and Proportional Reasoning
- Developing Measurement Concepts
- Developing Geometric Thinking and Geometric Concepts
- Developing Concepts of Data and Statistics
- Exploring Concepts of Probability
- Developing Concepts of Exponents, Negative Numbers, and Real Numbers
- Standards for Mathematical Practice
- NCTM Mathematics Teaching Practices from Principles to Actions
- Guide to Blackline Masters
- Activities at a Glance
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.