Maternal & Child Nursing Care, 6th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Hallmark features of this title
Essential nursing skills
- Assessment Guides help students understand and incorporate into their practice physical assessment and normal findings, alterations and possible causes, and guidelines for nursing interventions.
- Professionalism in Practice feature illustrates the role of nurses in working with other health professionals.
- Clinical Reasoning boxes provide case scenarios and ask students to respond appropriately.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes challenge learners to integrate research findings into practice.
- Focus Your Study at the end of each chapter gives students a list of references to help them organize their studies.
- Pearson’s online resources for nursing students provide NCLEX-RN® exam prep, while fostering clinical reasoning.
Published by Pearson (April 7th 2022) - Copyright © 2017
Subject: Maternity & Pediatrics
Category: Maternal & Child Nursing Care
Table of contents
PART 1: INTRODUCTION TO FAMILY-CENTERED CARE
- Contemporary Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health Nursing
- Culture and the Family
PART 2: WOMEN’S HEALTH
- Health Promotion for Women
- Common Gynecologic Problems
PART 3: PREGNANCY AND THE FAMILY
- Reproductive Physiology, Conception, and Fetal Development
- Physical and Psychological Changes of Pregnancy
- Antepartum Nursing Assessment
- The Expectant Family: Needs and Care
- Maternal Nutrition
- Pregnancy in Selected Populations
- Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
- Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems
- Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Onset
PART 4: BIRTH AND THE FAMILY
- Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth
- Intrapartum Nursing Assessment
- The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care
- Pharmacologic Pain Management
- Childbirth at Risk: Pre-Labor and Intrapartum Complications
- Childbirth at Risk: Labor-Related Complications
- Birth-Related Procedures
PART 5: THE NEWBORN
- The Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth
- Nursing Assessment of the Newborn
- The Normal Newborn: Needs and Care
- Newborn Feeding
- The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth
- The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors
PART 6: THE POSTPARTUM FAMILY
- Postpartum Adaptation and Nursing Assessment
- The Postpartum Family: Early Care Needs and Home Care
- The Postpartum Family at Risk
PART 7: CARE AND NEEDS OF CHILDREN
- Growth and Development
- Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
- Pediatric Assessment
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: General Concepts, the Newborn, and the Infant
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The Toddler and the Preschooler
- Health Promotion and Maintenance: The School-Age Child and the Adolescent
- Family Assessment and Concepts of Nursing Care in the Community
- Nursing Considerations for the Child and Family with a Chronic Condition
- Nursing Considerations for the Hospitalized Child
- Pain Assessment and Management in Children
- The Child with a Life-Threatening Condition and End-of-Life Care
- Social and Environmental Influences on the Child
- Immunizations and Communicable Diseases
PART 8: CARING FOR CHILDREN WITH ALTERATIONS IN HEALTH STATUS
- The Child with Alterations in Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
- The Child with Alterations in Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Function
- The Child with Alterations in Respiratory Function
- The Child with Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
- The Child with Alterations in Immune Function
- The Child with Alterations in Hematologic Function
- The Child with Cancer
- The Child with Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
- The Child with Alterations in Genitourinary Function
- The Child with Alterations in Endocrine Function
- The Child with Alterations in Neurologic Function
- The Child with Alterations in Mental Health and Cognitive Function
- The Child with Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
- The Child with Alterations in Skin Integrity
- Selected Maternal-Newborn Laboratory Values
- Selected Pediatric Laboratory Values
- Growth Charts
- Pediatric Blood Pressure Tables
- Conversions and Equivalents
- Dietary Reference Intakes
- Body Surface Area Nomogram
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.