Principles of Pediatric Nursing: Caring for Children, 7th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Principles of Pediatric Nursing prepares you to begin thinking and acting like a nurse and visualizing how to care for children.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2017
Category: Core Nursing Courses
Table of contents
1. Nurse's Role in Care of the Child: Hospital, Community, and Home
2. Family-Centered Care and Cultural Considerations
3. Genetic and Genomic Influences
4. Growth and Development
5. Pediatric Assessment
6. Introduction to Health Promotion and Maintenance
7. Health Promotion and Maintenance for the Newborn and Infant
8. Health Promotion and Maintenance for the Toddler and Preschooler
9. Health Promotion and Maintenance for the School-Age Child and Adolescent
10. Nursing Considerations for the Child in the Community
11. Nursing Considerations for the Hospitalized Child
12. The Child with a Chronic Condition
13. The Child with a Life-Threatening Condition and End-of-Life Care
14. Infant, Child, and Adolescent Nutrition
15. Pain Assessment and Management in Children
16. Immunizations and Communicable Diseases
17. Social and Environmental Influences on the Child
18. Alterations in Fluid, Electrolyte, and Acid-Base Balance
19. Alterations in Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat Function
20. Alterations in Respiratory Function
21. Alterations in Cardiovascular Function
22. Alterations in Immune Function
23. Alterations in Hematologic Function
24. The Child with Cancer
25. Alterations in Gastrointestinal Function
26. Alterations in Genitourinary Function
27. Alterations in Neurologic Function
28. Alterations in Mental Health and Cognition
29. Alterations in Musculoskeletal Function
30. Alterations in Endocrine and Metabolic Function
31. Alterations in Skin Integrity
Appendix A: Physical Growth Charts
Appendix B: Blood Pressure Tables
Appendix C: Dietary Reference Intakes
Appendix D: Selected Pediatric Laboratory Values
Appendix E: Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
Appendix F: Body Surface Nomogram
Appendix G: Conversions and Equations
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.