Anatomy, Physiology, & Disease: An Interactive Journey for Health Professionals, 3rd edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Anatomy, Physiology, & Disease: An Interactive Journey for Health Professionals provides an engaging introduction to interrelationships in A&P and pathology, with an emphasis on clinical applications. Conversational and humorous, the text uses real-world analogies to enable true understanding, rather than memorization, and to create lasting connections.
Two case studies are woven throughout the text. One follows a patient with diabetes, the other a patient with a spinal cord injury. Both illustrate key concepts and multisystem effects, while building critical-thinking skills.
The 3rd Edition presents the latest research and clinical applications in human A&P, plus new visual aids and practice opportunities. A workbook, available separately, offers interactive exam prep resources, including concept maps and crossword puzzles.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Anatomy & Physiology
Category: Anatomy, Physiology, and Disease: An Interactive Journey for Health Professionals
1. Anatomy, Physiology, and Disease: Learning the Language
2. The Human Body: Reading the Map
3. Biochemistry: The Basic Ingredients of Life
4. The Cells: The Raw Materials and Building Blocks
5. Tissues and Systems: The Inside Story
6. The Skeletal System: The Framework
7. The Muscular System: Movement for the Journey
8. The Integumentary System: The Protective Covering
9. The Nervous System: The Body's Control Center
10. The Endocrine System: The Body's Other Control Center
11. The Senses: The Sights and Sounds
12. The Cardiovascular System: Transport and Supply
13. The Respiratory System: It's a Gas
14. The Lymphatic and Immune Systems: Your Defense Systems
15. The Gastrointestinal System: Fuel for the Trip
16. The Urinary System: Filtration and Fluid Balance
17. The Reproductive System: Replacement and Repair
18. Basic Diagnostic Tests: What Do the Tests Tell Us?
19. The Journey's End: Now What?
The Study Success Companion: The Key to Your Successful Journey
A. Medical Terminology, Word Parts, and Singular and Plural Endings
B. Clinical Abbreviations and "Do Not Use" List
C. Infectious Diseases and Their Pathogens
D. Laboratory Reference Values
E. Multisystem Effects of Various Diseases and Conditions
F. Vitamins and Minerals: Sources, Function, and Effects of Deficiency and Toxicity
G. Standard and Transmission-Based Precautions
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.