Olds' Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women's Health Across the Lifespan, 11th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Study smarter, not harder
Save time with study tools in your eText
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eText audio
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Olds’ Maternal-Newborn Nursing & Women’s Health Across the Lifespan acknowledges the central role of nurses in all aspects of childbearing.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Category: Core Nursing Courses
Table of contents
PART I: INTRODUCTION TO MATERNAL-NEWBORN NURSING
1. Contemporary Maternal-Newborn Nursing
2. Families, Cultures, and Complementary Therapies
PART II: WOMEN’S HEALTH ACROSS THE LIFESPAN
3. Health Promotion
4. Family Planning
5. Commonly Occurring Infections
6. Women’s Health Problems
7. Social Issues
8. Violence Against Women
PART III: HUMAN REPRODUCTION
9. Reproductive Physiology, Conception, and Fetal Development
10. Reproductive Genetics
PART IV: PREGNANCY
11. Physical and Psychologic Changes of Pregnancy
12. Antepartum Nursing Assessment
13. The Expectant Family: Needs and Care
14. Maternal Nutrition
15. Pregnancy in Selected Populations
16. Assessment of Fetal Well-Being
17. Pregnancy at Risk: Pregestational Problems
18. Pregnancy at Risk: Gestational Onset
PART V: LABOR AND BIRTH
19. Processes and Stages of Labor and Birth
20. Intrapartum Nursing Assessment
21. The Family in Childbirth: Needs and Care
22. Pharmacologic Pain Management
23. Childbirth at Risk: Prelabor Onset Complications
24. Childbirth at Risk: Labor-Related Complications
25. Birth-Related Procedures
PART VI: THE NEWBORN
26. Physiologic Responses of the Newborn to Birth
27. Nursing Assessment of the Newborn
28. The Normal Newborn: Needs and Care
29. Newborn Nutrition
30. The Newborn at Risk: Conditions Present at Birth
31. The Newborn at Risk: Birth-Related Stressors
PART VII: POSTPARTUM
32. Postpartum Adaptation and Nursing Assessment
33. The Postpartum Family: Needs and Care
34. Home Care of the Postpartum Family
35. The Postpartum Family at Risk
36. Grief and Loss in the Childbearing Family
A. Common Abbreviations in Maternal-Newborn and Women’s Health Nursing
B. Conversions and Equivalents
C. NANDA-I© 2017 Definitions and Defining Characteristics Used in This Text
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.