Emergency Medical Responder: First on Scene, 11th edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Emergency Medical Responder provides first responder-level training for fire service, emergency, law enforcement, military, civil and industrial personnel.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Emergency Medical Responder
Table of contents
1. Introduction to EMS Systems
2. Legal and Ethical Principles of Emergency Care
3. Wellness and Safety of the Emergency Medical Responder
4. Introduction to Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy, and Lifespan Development
5. Introduction to Pathophysiology
6. Principles of Lifting, Moving, and Positioning of Patients
7. Principles of Effective Communication
8. Principles of Effective Documentation
9. Principles of Airway Management and Ventilation
10. Principles of Oxygen Therapy
11. Principles of Resuscitation
12. Obtaining a Medical History and Vital Signs
13. Principles of Patient Assessment
14. Caring for Cardiac Emergencies
15. Caring for Respiratory Emergencies
16. Caring for Common Medical Emergencies
17. Caring for Environmental Emergencies
18. Caring for Soft-Tissue Injuries and Bleeding
19. Recognition and Care of Shock
20. Caring for Muscle and Bone Injuries
21. Caring for Head and Spinal Injuries
22. Caring for Chest and Abdominal Emergencies
23. Care During Pregnancy and Childbirth
24. Caring for Infants and Children
25. Special Considerations for the Geriatric Patient
26. Introduction to EMS Operations and Hazardous Response
27. Introduction to Multiple-Casualty Incidents, the Incident Command System, and Triage
1. Patient Monitoring Devices
2. Principles of Pharmacology
3. Air Medical Transport Operations
4. Introduction to Terrorism Response and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month 'term'. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. You can turn on auto-renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4-month term has ended.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last 4 months. Before your initial 4-month term ends, you can extend your subscription by turning auto-renew on in My account. If you turn auto-renew on, we’ll automatically renew your subscription and charge you every month until you turn off auto-renew.
To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date. You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription. We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.