Medical Language: Immerse Yourself, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Medical Language: Immerse Yourself is grounded in immersive language learning. Rather than memorize vocabulary, you'll experience the sights and sounds of health care as you listen, speak, write, examine and think. To reinforce learning, the text offers a greater quantity and variety of exercises than any other publication of its kind.
Hands-on practice offers practical exposure to real-world healthcare tasks. Chapter review exercises include analysis of real medical reports, as well as role-play activities prompting you to describe a patient's condition using medical language.
Organized by medical specialty, the 5th Edition has been regrouped into 15 chapters designed for a 16-week course. Each chapter now consists of 5 sections correlated with learning outcomes. Practice Laps at the end of each section gauge your comprehension by learning outcome.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Medical Terminology
Category: Medical Language: Immerse Yourself
- Medical Language and Health Care Today
- Dermatology & Integumentary System
- Gastroenterology & Gastrointestinal System
- Pulmonology & Respiratory System
- Cardiology & Cardiovascular System
- Hematology and Immunology & Blood and Lymphatic System
- Orthopedics & Skeletal System
- Orthopedics & Muscular System
- Neurology & Nervous System
- Urology & Urinary System
- Male Reproductive Medicine & Male Genitourinary System
- Gynecology and Obstetrics & Female Genital and Reproductive System
- Endocrinology & Endocrine System
- Ophthalmology & Eye
- Otolaryngology & Ears, Nose, and Throat
- Glossary of Medical Word Parts: Prefixes, Suffixes, and Combining Forms
- Glossary of Medical Abbreviations, Acronyms, and Short Forms
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.