Life Span, The: Human Development for Helping Professionals, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
The Life Span: Human Development for Helping Professionals provides human development information that can be translated into professional best practices. The authors offer an in-depth look at the science of human development for individuals working in fields such as education, counseling and social work. The text reflects the contemporary view that life span development is a process deeply embedded within and inseparable from the context of family, social network and culture.
The 5th Edition offers fresh coverage of topics including child rearing, gender non-conformity and promoting well-being in adulthood. New introductory vignettes in each chapter help you see the relevance of chapter content to your own life and those of the people you serve.
Published by Pearson (June 30th 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Lifespan Development in Education
1. Organizing Themes in Development
2. Epigenesis and the Brain: The Fundamentals of Behavioral Development
3. Cognitive Development in the Early Years
4. Emotional Development in the Early Years
5. The Emerging Self and Socialization in the Early Years
6. Realms of Cognition in Middle Childhood
7. Self and Moral Development: Middle Childhood Through Early Adolescence
8. Gender and Peer Relationships: Middle Childhood Through Early Adolescence
9. Physical, Cognitive and Identity Development in Adolescence
10. The Social World of Adolescence
11. Physical, Cognitive and Development in Young Adulthood
12. Socioemotional and Vocational Development in Young Adulthood
13. Middle Adulthood: Cognitive, Personality, and Social Development
14. Living Well: Stress, Coping, and Life Satisfaction in Adulthood
15. Gains and Losses in Late Adulthood
Appendix: A Practitioner's Guide to Psychological Science
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.