Introduction to Teaching: Becoming a Professional, 7th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Introduction to Teaching helps you make informed decisions about becoming a teacher and ensures you have an up-to-date picture of the ever-changing face of education. Issues in reform, professionalism, diversity, urban education and using technology in day-to-day teaching situations are emphasized throughout the text. Cases, classroom examples and hands-on applications bring topics to life allow you to better relate to, understand and apply the material.
The 7th Edition includes new topics and significant updates about important developments in education. The most interactive and applied text in the field, Introduction to Teaching keeps you actively involved in your learning and provides a realistic look at the world of teaching.
Published by Pearson (July 15th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Foundations of Education
Category: Introduction to Teaching
1. Do I Want to Be a Teacher?
2. Changes in American Society: Their Influence on Our Students
3. Student Diversity: Culture, Language, Gender, and Exceptionalities
4. Education in the United States: Its Historical Roots
5. Educational Philosophy and Your Teaching
6. Governance and Finance: Regulating and Funding Schools
7. School Law: Ethical and Legal Influences on Teaching
8. Choosing the Right School
9. The School Curriculum in an Era of Standards
10. Classroom Management: Creating Productive Learning Environments
11. Becoming an Effective Teacher: Reaching All Students
12. Educational Reform and You
13. Developing as a Professional
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.