Fundamentals of Human Resource Management, 5th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Fundamentals of Human Resources Management supports training for all individuals of management, not just HR managers. The text presents a wide range of HR topics within a single semester of material, and a wealth of functional examples and applications. It is also the first text of its kind to make talent management processes a core study.
The 5th Edition has been updated with practical personnel techniques, real company examples, and new material on business sustainability. Each chapter touches on important recurring themes in management, to help you become a stronger and more effective manager.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Human Resource Management
PART I: INTRODUCTION
- Managing Human Resources Today
- Managing Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Human Resource Strategy and Performance
PART II: STAFFING: WORKFORCE PLANNING AND EMPLOYMENT
- Job Analysis and Talent Management
- Personnel Planning and Recruiting
- Selecting Employees
PART III: TRAINING AND HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
- Training and Developing Employees
- Performance Management and Appraisal Today
- Managing Careers
PART IV: COMPENSATION AND TOTAL REWARDS
- Developing Compensation Plans
- Pay for Performance and Employee Benefits
PART V: EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS
- Maintaining Positive Employee Relations
- Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Improving Occupational Safety, Health, and Risk Management
PART VI: SPECIAL TOPICS IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Module A: Managing HR Globally
- Module B: Managing Human Resources in Small and Entrepreneurial Firms
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.