Personal Finance: Turning Money Into Wealth, 8th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Watch and learn
Videos & animations bring concepts to life
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Personal Finance: Turning Money into Wealth empowers you to successfully make and carry out a plan for your financial future. By introducing the 10 fundamental principles of personal finance in a way that leaves a lasting impression, this text offers you lifelong tools to help you effectively cope with an ever-changing financial environment.
The 8th Edition reflects recent changes in the world of personal finance, including new tax laws, the economic downturn, weakness in the labor markets, the explosion of student loans, and the rise of credit card debt.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2019
Category: Personal Finance
PART 1: FINANCIAL PLANNING
- The Financial Planning Process
- Measuring Your Financial Health and Making a Plan
- Understanding and Appreciating the Time Value of Money
- Tax Planning and Strategies
PART 2: MANAGING YOUR MONEY
- Cash or Liquid Asset Management
- Using Credit Cards: The Role of Open Credit
- Student and Consumer Loans: The Role of Planned Borrowing
- The Home and Automobile Decision
PART 3: PROTECTING YOURSELF WITH INSURANCE
- Life and Health Insurance
- Property and Liability Insurance
PART 4: MANAGING YOUR INVESTMENTS
- Investment Basics
- Investing in Stocks
- Investing in Bonds and Other Alternatives
- Mutual Funds: An Easy Way to Diversify
PART 5: LIFE CYCLE ISSUES
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning: Saving Your Heirs Money and Headaches
- Financial Life Events -- Fitting the Pieces Together
- Compound Sum of $1
- Present Value of $1
- Compound Sum of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
- Present Value of an Annuity of $1 for n Periods
- Monthly Installment Loan Tables
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.