Exceptional Lives: Practice, Progress, & Dignity in Today's Schools, 9th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Exceptional Lives focuses on real students, real stories and real solutions. It pairs real-life stories about children, their families and their educators with the most recent evidence-based research on inclusion of students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment. Exceptional Lives gives you a comprehensive view of the rewards, challenges and triumphs involved in special education today.
The 9th Edition highlights the important themes of ensuring students' progress using research-based instruction and the ethical principle of dignity. New chapters examine educational progress and long-term outcomes, school-wide supports, cross-cutting instructional approaches and diversity and social justice.
Published by Pearson (July 1st 2020) - Copyright © 2020
Subject: Special Education
Category: Introduction to Special Education
1. The Purposes, People, and Law of Special Education
2. Disability and Cultural Justice
3. Today′s Families and Their Partnerships with Professionals
4. Ensuring Educational Progress
5. School-wide Systems of Supports
6. Cross-cutting Instructional Approaches
7. Students with Learning Disabilities
8. Students with Speech and Language Disorders
9. Students with Emotional or Behavioral Disorders
10. Students with Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
11. Students with Intellectual Disability
12. Students with Autism
13. Students with Multiple Disabilities and Traumatic Brain Injury
14. Students with Physical Disabilities and Other Health Impairments
15. Students with Hearing Impairments
16. Students with Visual Impairments
17. Students Who Are Gifted and Talented
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.