Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS, 4th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Listen on the go
Learn how you like with full eTextbook audio
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Processes, Systems, and Information: An Introduction to MIS delivers a hands-on, process approach to business. Earl H. McKinney, Jr., and David M. Kroenke will show you exactly how businesses use information systems and technology to create competitive strategies, support business processes, and accomplish their goals. Complete with numerous examples of business situations, this text will help you understand what business systems are and why they're so important.
In the 4th Edition, you'll find a reflection of the current technological landscape, coverage of technologies new to the business scene, and a strong emphasis on security. Processes, Systems, and Information, with its clear and concise presentation, is your guide to understanding and utilizing IS to support business processes.
Published by Pearson (July 15th 2021) - Copyright © 2022
Subject: Management Information Systems
Category: Introduction to Information Systems
PART 1: WHY MIS?
- The Importance of MIS
- Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
PART 2: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- Networks and the Cloud
- Database Processing
- AI and Robots
PART 3: STRUCTURED PROCESSES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Information Systems Security
- Using IS to Improve Processes
- Supporting Processes with ERP Systems
- Supporting the Procurement Process with SAP
- Appendix 9: SAP Sales Tutorial
PART 4: DYNAMIC PROCESSES AND INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Supporting the Sales Process with SAP
- Appendix 10: SAP Sales Tutorial
- Collaboration, Social Media, and IS
- Analytics and IS
- Appendix 12: Power BI Analytics Tutorial
- Extension 1. Information Systems Careers
- Extension 2. Hardware and Software
- Extension 3. Process Management and Information Systems Development
- Extension 4. Location-Based Data Information Systems: Mobile Devices and Geographic Information Systems
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.