Counseling Children and Adolescents, 1st edition
Choose the option that's right for you
$9.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $39.96
- Access this eText title
- Up to 2 devices
$14.99 / mo
4-month minimum term for $59.96
- Access over 1,500 titles
- Up to 2 devices
- Discounted tutor access
Learn more, spend less
Learn anytime, anywhere
Get the app to access your eText whenever you need it
Make it your own
Your notes. Your highlights. Your eText
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eText with search
Access all your eTexts in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Counseling Children and Adolescents offers a practical, evidence-based introduction to counseling that is distinguished by concrete applications and clear, accessible writing.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Child & Adolescent Counseling
Table of contents
PART 1: Developmental and Systematic Foundations of Youth Counseling
1. Developmentally Informed Youth Counseling
2. Systemically Informed Youth Counseling
PART 2: Foundations of Youth Counseling: Theory and Practice
3. Individual Counseling Foundations
4. Ethical and Legal Foundations
5. Counseling Theories That Focus on Thought and Behavior Change and Action
6. Counseling Theories That Focus on Background Experiences and Relationships
7. Counseling Theories That Focus on Family Change Processes
8. The Use of Play and Creative Arts in Counseling
9. Conceptualizing Young Clients' Situations and Directing Counseling
PART 3: Common Presenting Concerns and Counseling Interventions
10. Youth Suicide, Self-Injury, and Homicide
11. Family-Related Transitions and Struggles
12. Academic and Social--Emotional Transitions and Struggles
13. Neurodevelopmental and Intellectual Impairments
14. Disruptive Behavior Problems
15. Abuse and Trauma
16. Substance Abuse
17. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders
18. Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
19. Physical Health-Related Counseling Issues: Eating Disorders, Elimination Disorders, and Chronic Illness/Disability Counseling
Your questions answered
Introducing Pearson+. Reimagined learning, designed for you. Choose from one eText or over 1,500 eTexts and study tools, all in one place, for one low monthly subscription. A new way to buy books that fits your budget. Make the most of your study time with offline access, enhanced search, notes and flashcards — to get organized, get the work done quicker and get results. Plus, with the app, put textbooks in your pocket and learn wherever. It's time to upgrade the textbook and simplify learning, so you can have time to live too.
Pearson eText is an easy-to-use digital textbook available from Pearson+. Make it your own by adding notes and highlights. Download the Pearson+ mobile app to learn on the go, even offline. Listen on the go with our new audiobook feature, available for most titles.
When you choose a plan, you're signing up for a 4-month term. We will charge your payment method each month until your 4-month term has ended. After that, we'll automatically renew your subscription and charge you on a month-to-month basis unless you turn off auto-renewal in My account.
When you purchase a Pearson+ subscription, it will last a minimum of 4 months, and then automatically renew each month thereafter unless you turn off auto-renew in My account.
If you want to stop your subscription at the end of your 4-month term, simply turn off auto-renew from My account. To avoid the next payment charge, make sure you turn auto renewal off 1 day before the auto renewal date.
You can subscribe again after auto-renew has been turned off by purchasing another Pearson+ subscription.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details before your first monthly payment.
With a Multi Pearson+ subscription plan, you can download up to 5 titles on the Pearson+ app from My list on each of your authorized devices every month.
When you're using your Multi Pearson+ subscription plan in a browser, you can select and read from as many titles as you like.