Counseling Children and Adolescents, 1st edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, and take notes
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96
Learn more, spend less
Special partners and offers
Enjoy perks from special partners and offers for students
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Counseling Children and Adolescents offers a practical, evidence-based introduction to counseling that is distinguished by concrete applications and clear, accessible writing.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Category: Child & Adolescent Counseling
Table of contents
PART 1: Developmental and Systematic Foundations of Youth Counseling
1. Developmentally Informed Youth Counseling
2. Systemically Informed Youth Counseling
PART 2: Foundations of Youth Counseling: Theory and Practice
3. Individual Counseling Foundations
4. Ethical and Legal Foundations
5. Counseling Theories That Focus on Thought and Behavior Change and Action
6. Counseling Theories That Focus on Background Experiences and Relationships
7. Counseling Theories That Focus on Family Change Processes
8. The Use of Play and Creative Arts in Counseling
9. Conceptualizing Young Clients' Situations and Directing Counseling
PART 3: Common Presenting Concerns and Counseling Interventions
10. Youth Suicide, Self-Injury, and Homicide
11. Family-Related Transitions and Struggles
12. Academic and Social--Emotional Transitions and Struggles
13. Neurodevelopmental and Intellectual Impairments
14. Disruptive Behavior Problems
15. Abuse and Trauma
16. Substance Abuse
17. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders
18. Depressive and Bipolar Disorders
19. Physical Health-Related Counseling Issues: Eating Disorders, Elimination Disorders, and Chronic Illness/Disability Counseling
Your questions answered
Pearson+ is your one-stop shop, with eTextbooks and study videos designed to help students get better grades in college.
A Pearson eTextbook is an easy‑to‑use digital version of the book. You'll get upgraded study tools, including enhanced search, highlights and notes, flashcards and audio. Plus learn on the go with the Pearson+ app.
Your eTextbook subscription gives you access for 4 months. You can make a one‑time payment for the initial 4‑month term or pay monthly. If you opt for monthly payments, we will charge your payment method each month until your 4‑month term ends. You can turn on auto‑renew in My account at any time to continue your subscription before your 4‑month term ends.
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
Channels is a video platform with thousands of explanations, solutions and practice problems to help you do homework and prep for exams. Videos are personalized to your course, and tutors walk you through solutions. Plus, interactive AI‑powered summaries and a social community help you better understand lessons from class.
Channels is an additional tool to help you with your studies. This means you can use Channels even if your course uses a non‑Pearson textbook.
When you choose a Channels subscription, you're signing up for a 1‑month, 3‑month or 12‑month term and you make an upfront payment for your subscription. By default, these subscriptions auto‑renew at the frequency you select during checkout.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.