Building Classroom Management: Methods and Models, 12th edition
Your access includes:
- Search, highlight, notes, and more
- Easily create flashcards
- Use the app for access anywhere
- 14-day refund guarantee
Minimum 4-month term, pay monthly or pay $43.96 upfront
Learn more, spend less
Study simpler and faster
Use flashcards and other study tools in your eTextbook
Find it fast
Quickly navigate your eTextbook with search
Access all your eTextbooks in one place
Easily continue access
Keep learning with auto-renew
Building Classroom Management takes a models approach to help you understand the roots of today's major classroom management concepts, terminology, approaches and strategies. The text details and analyzes respected models of classroom management from leading authorities, and then presents concrete ways that teachers can apply these methods and tactics. Step-by-step guidance, reflection and assessment activities, and real teaching perspectives further illustrate how educators can develop effective, well-rounded systems of management for any class.
The 12th Edition broadens the text's scope, integrating new classroom management terminology and research along with an entire chapter on the Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) schoolwide model of management.
Published by Pearson (September 18th 2020) - Copyright © 2021
Subject: Educational Psychology
Category: Classroom Management
PART I: Building a Foundation
1. The Teacher's Role in Managing the Classroom
2. Taking Student Diversity into Account in Classroom Management
3. Classroom Management Concepts and Terms
4. The Development of Classroom Management
PART II: Classroom Management: Models and Methods
5. Insisting on Compliance: Ronald Morrish's Real Discipline
6. Taking Charge in the Classroom: Craig Seganti
7. Getting Off to a Good Start: Harry and Rosemary Wong on Preventing Management Problems
8. Time Use in Classrooms: How Fred Jones Helps Students Stay Focused and On-Task
9. The Power of Positive Choice: William Glasser on Quality Learning
10. Fostering Responsible Behavior: Marvin Marshall on Motivation and Student Choice
11. Working on the Same Side With Students: Spencer Kagan's Win-Win Discipline
12. School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports: A Data-Driven, Evidence-Based Approach to Whole-School Behavioral Management
13. Classroom Management for Students With Learning and Behavioral Challenges
14. Striving for Personal Excellence in Classroom Management
Your questions answered
When you purchase an eTextbook subscription, it will last 4 months. You can renew your subscription by selecting Extend subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before your initial term ends.
If you extend your subscription, we'll automatically charge you every month. If you made a one‑time payment for your initial 4‑month term, you'll now pay monthly. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.
To avoid the next payment charge, select Cancel subscription on the Manage subscription page in My account before the renewal date. You can subscribe again in the future by purchasing another eTextbook subscription.
When you purchase a Channels subscription it will last 1 month, 3 months or 12 months, depending on the plan you chose. Your subscription will automatically renew at the end of your term unless you cancel it.
We use your credit card to renew your subscription automatically. To make sure your learning is uninterrupted, please check your card details.